UV disinfection system for saltwater aquaculture/fish farming
The use of UV disinfection, in a HDPE reactor, applied to saltwater aquaculture/pisciculture is equally interesting. High-density polyethylene is particularly well-suited to corrosive waters, especially seawater. The reactors we use ensure water sterilization and improved quality, particularly in terms of bacteriological parameters.
If you’re looking for an effective disinfection system for saltwater aquaculture/pisciculture, our full range of saltwater UV reactors can be consulted online, and design can be carried out on this page.
Disinfection system benefits
In addition to producing healthy water, free from any risk of contamination by micro-organisms, UV water treatment is also part of an environmental approach:
- Regarding health, water treatment without the addition of harmful pool products guarantees allergy- and respiratory ailment-free swimming (non-chemical).
- It also provides comfort by ensuring crystal-clear, odor-free water.
- The absence of chlorine guarantees an environmentally-friendly and healthy process.
- UV treatment offers real savings thanks to longer plant life and simple, reliable, long-lasting equipment.
- Last but not least, installation and maintenance are quick and easy.
Design advice: UV disinfection for saltwater aquaculture/fish farming
- Select the water source to be treated, e.g. “Aquaculture / saltwater fish farming”.
- Enter the flow rate to be treated (for example 25 m3/h)
- Adjust the cost of electricity in your country (for example 0.09€ for France; 0.23€ for Germany)
- Let 30 mJ / cm² (or adapt)
- Specify the temperature of the water (normally, between 5 and 40°c is sufficient)
- Please enter your email address, we will send you the design right away
In any case, to ensure optimal disinfection and to determine whether prefilters are necessary, it is recommended that a source water analysis be performed with these parameters:
- Suspended solids (TSS)
- UV Transmittance