UV disinfection system for drinking rainwater treatment
The drinking rainwater treatment is based on a physical principle that destroys disease-causing microorganisms. This treatment is based on the germicidal effect of UV-C rays, which eliminate :
This system respect totally environment and efficient for rainwater.
The advantages of such a drinking water treatment process are :
- Respectful of people and the environment.
What’s more, its reliability and safety of use meet the most stringent standards for water intended for human consumption (according to the French Ministry of Health circular of January 19, 1987). Maintenance costs are low.
Last but not least, rainwater treatment has no side effects. In other words, we have preserved the mineral content and no chemical residues are generated.
If you’d like to equip yourself with an efficient disinfection system for drinking rainwater treatment, our full range of UV reactors for Water for Human Consumption / Sterilization can be consulted online, and design can be carried out on this page.
Disinfection system benefits
In addition to producing healthy water, free from any risk of contamination by micro-organisms, UV water treatment is also part of an environmental approach:
- Regarding health, water treatment without the addition of harmful pool products guarantees allergy- and respiratory ailment-free swimming (non-chemical).
- It also provides comfort by ensuring crystal-clear, odor-free water.
- The absence of chlorine guarantees an environmentally-friendly and healthy process.
- UV treatment offers real savings thanks to longer plant life and simple, reliable, long-lasting equipment.
- Last but not least, installation and maintenance are quick and easy.
Design advice: UV disinfection applied to drinking rainwater treatment
On the page dedicated to UV reactors for water for human consumption / Sterilization,we offer a wide range of solutions (up to a unit flow rate of 130 m³/h). If your flow rate exceeds 130 m³/h, please ask us!
- Select ” Drinking water / Sterilization “.
- Select the water source to be processed, e.g., “Rainwater processing”.
- Enter the flow rate to be treated (for example 25 m3/h)
- Adjust the cost of electricity in your country (for example 0.09€ for France; 0.23€ for Germany)
- Keep 30 mJ / cm² (or adapt)
- Specify the temperature of the water (normally, between 5 and 40°c is sufficient)
- Please enter your email address, we will send you the design right away
In any case, to ensure optimal disinfection and to determine whether prefilters are necessary, it is recommended that a source water analysis be performed with these parameters:
- Suspended solids (TSS)
- UV Transmittance