All BioUV sterilizers have, at the bottom of the reactor, a receptacle to maintain the quartz sleeve There are 2 types:
This part gives the spring effect to the quartz sleeve.
If you have any doubt about your quartz guide, please contact us, specifying the model of the device, its serial number and, if possible, also send us a picture.
A damaged or worn quartz guide can cause the following damage
- Breakage of the quartz sleeve during maintenance,
- Poor sealing of the quartz sleeve seal
To ensure that your UV disinfection reactors last a long time, it is recommended to replace these parts in case of advanced wear. Always use original equipment manufacturers for maintenance.
How do I know if the quartz guide is damaged?
Here is a list of reasons that should make you aware of the problem:
- Your quartz sleeve is damaged
- When you place the quartz sleeve in the reactor, it does not come out a few mm
- You don’t feel the spring effect when you place the new quartz sleeve
Our experience: if you have very old reactors (more than 10 years), then check this point.
Replacing the quartz guide
Before any intervention, remember that :
- The device must be disconnected from the power supply before any intervention.
- Any intervention on the electrical part of the device must be carried out by a qualified and authorized person.
- The light generated by a UV lamp must be carefully protected from direct or indirect view.
When should you replace?
Only when quartz guide is no longer elastic.
How do I replace the quartz guide?
After stopping and securing your installation, you just have to:
- Open the bypass and close the reactor feeds
- Remove the hydraulic fittings
- Purge your reactor
- Remove the bottom connection
- Remove the cable plug to release the lamp cable.
- Remove the reactor hood
- Unplug the ballast connector.
- Remove the lamp and then the sleeve.
- On the other side of the sleeve, at the bottom of the reactor, you have a small receptacle, in which the guide (the guides if you have several lamps) must be installed
- After installation, repeat the steps in the opposite order
Available at any time:
Delivered with: Assembly instructions
- Aquariums and freshwater ponds
- Aquaculture / freshwater fish farming
- Specifically, all fresh and clear waters containing less than 20 mg/L of TSS, NTU < 1, and iron < 0,1 mg/L
The UV germicidal bulbs disinfect the water effectively. This space-saving solution offers protection against leakage, temperature fluctuations, fouling and breakage. A UV disinfection reactor with good UV quartz sleeves can prevent environmental damage permanently.