All BioUV sterilizers have, at the bottom of the reactor, a receptacle to maintain the quartz sheath. It is this anti-vibration cup that gives the spring effect.
A damaged or worn cup can cause the following damage:
- Breakage of the quartz sleeve during maintenance,
- Poor seal at the quartz sleeve joint
To ensure that your UV disinfection reactors last a long time, it is recommended to replace these parts in case of advanced wear. Always use original equipment for maintenance.
How do I know if the anti-vibration cup is damaged?
Here’s a list of reasons that should tip you off:
- Your quartz sleeve is damaged
- When you place the quartz sleeves in the reactor, they do not spring back a few mm
- You don’t feel the spring effect when you place the new quartz sleeve
Our feedback: if you have very old reactors (more than 10 years), then check this point.
If you have any doubt about your cup, please contact us, specifying the model of the device, its serial number and, if possible, send us a picture.
Replacement of the anti-vibration cup
Before any intervention, remember that :
- The device must be disconnected from the electrical network before any intervention.
- Any work on the electrical part of the device must be carried out by a qualified and authorized person.
- The light produced by a UV bulb must be carefully protected from direct or indirect view.
When should I replace it?
Only when the anti-vibration cup is no longer elastic.
What is the procedure for replacing the cup?
After shutting down and securing your system, you just need to:
- Open the bypass and close the reactor feeds
- Disassemble the hydraulic connections
- Purge your reactor
- Loosen the bottom connection
- Loosen the cable gland to release the lamp cable.
- Remove the reactor cover
- Loosen the ballast connector.
- Remove the lamp and then the sleeve.
- Opposite the sleeve, at the bottom of the reactor, you have a small receptacle, in which should be installed the cup (the cups if you have several lamps)
- Once in place, repeat the steps in reverse
Available at any time:
Delivered with: Installation instructions
- Aquariums and freshwater leisure pools
- Freshwater aquaculture / fish farming
- Generally, all fresh and clear waters containing less than 20 mg/L of TSS, NTU < 1, and iron < 0.1 mg/L
Germicidal UV lamps disinfect water efficiently. This compact solution offers protection against leaks, temperature fluctuations, fouling and breakage. UV water disinfection with good UV quartz sleeves will prevent environmental risks in the long run.