What is REUSE?
REUSE or reuse of treated wastewater is about reducing the pressure of withdrawal on water resources. Countries with drought problems use this technique extensively.
In France, a study shows that we are at 0.4% of treated water reused, especially in the north. And between these waters’ applications, we could mention:
- First, the water from the rain;
- then the water on the surface;
- wastewater from mines and quarries
- And finally industrial wastewater (even though it is subject to different regulations).
What is the use of a filter in this process?
What are the different applications?
The different applications depend on the country and the standards in force, often very strict, to avoid any risk of contamination. Nevertheless, here are some applications of REUSE:
- Plant cooling;
- Boiler water supply ;
- agricultural irrigation;
- Use of water for industrial processing;
- Watering lawns and green spaces;
- Use in public fountains and street cleaning.