Reuse your wastewater for agricultural irrigation with the fully equipped REUSE manholes
REUSE manholes are compatible with the latest European requirements for agricultural irrigation. These compact units, suitable for installation at the end of the wastewater treatment plant, contain a UV sterilizer specially designed for REUSE quality classes A to D. Thanks to the UV dose delivered, the requirements on the E.coli parameters are guaranteed.
Here are some of the advantages of REUSE manholes :
- Compact waterproofing structure that can be installed completely underground, partially underground or unburied.
- Automatic lamp cleaning
- Upstream and downstream sampling
- 5 year warranty.
REUSE manholes UV range
REUSE manholes range includes 4 sterilizers: S, M, L and XL. For each reactor, the maximum throughput was calculated for each quality class using highly constrained water, namely:
- TSS = 35 mg/L
- Transmittance = 50%
- E.coli concentration: 100 000 UFC/100ml
Of course, if your wastewater leaving the WWTP is of better quality, the same reactor will be able to handle more flow, or you can choose the lower model.
Where to install the REUSE manholes?
REUSE manholes should be placed at the end of the treatment plant, after the tertiary treatment, in order to ensure that the water to be treated meets the treatment requirements imposed on the treatment plant for the TSS, BOD5 and COD parameters.
Why choose this equipment?
Each manhole is equipped with a special reactor that has been created to reuse the water leaving the plant: Reactor S, M, L and XL for waters from 10 to 35°C and amalgam reactors M, L and XL for waters from 3 to 60°C.
Basically, these reactors have been equipped with the following applications:
- Automatic online cleaning system to reduce the formation of organic and inorganic deposits on quartz sleeves.
- Upstream and downstream sampling valves to facilitate sampling during regulatory controls
- Teflon UV sensor: to continuously monitor the UVC radiation of the sterilizer
- Chemical cleaning quilting: to facilitate maintenance and increase radiation performance
- Interface with detailed view:
- UVC radiation in %,
- System time counter,
- System boot counter,
- System states
- Various voltage-free contacts to complete the supervision
- General defect
- Pre-alarm / alarm: Lamp efficiency decrease warning (i.e. UV intensity) / Lamp efficiency limit reached,
- Lamp failure
- An additional free ON / OFF contact
Hydraulic thread too low? Go for REUSE H manholes!
In small wastewater treatment plants, the discharge pipe to the natural environment is often buried. When completely buried, REUSE reactors have a limited connection distance of -190 mm from the center of the pipe. REUSE H (high / lifted) range of reactors makes it possible to dispense with the installation of an intermediate pumping system. By connecting at the right depth, the gravity flow at the plant outlet is maintained!
To avoid a rejection in a sensitive area and/or to respond to a lack of water.
Wastewater reutilization at the end of the wastewater treatment plant for :
- – Direct REUSE: Irrigation, micro-irrigation, watering,
- – Indirect REUSE: groundwater recharge
- – Agricultural use:
- Field crops
- Vegetable farming
- – Urban use:
- Green spaces
- Race track
- – Wetlands maintenance
- – Bathing area protection
- – Washing water for industrial processes
On-site delivery by truck. The discharge is the responsibility of the customer.
Once the order has been placed, the above-mentioned period runs (excluding weeks 31 to 34 and 51 to 52) from the date of receipt of payment and validation of the project plan (including all the options requested in the case of special requests). As soon as the equipment is ready, it will be shipped to you. A road transport requires approximately one week to set up, it can take up to 3 weeks for a container depending on the destination.
Under normal use conditions:
- – 5 years on stainless steel reactor (materials and welds) except in the presence of a very corrosive environment (brackish or very salty environment, sea water, proximity of acid and corrosive products, use of hydrochloric acid).
- – 2 years for the whole manhole and its components except for the UV lamp and the quartz sheath (consumable).
Defects and damage caused by natural wear and tear, external accidents, wrong assembly, improper maintenance, irregular use, inadequate storage, non-respect of the expiration date, intervention by a third party, or modification of the product not provided for or specified by the seller, are excluded from the warranty.
All the equipment in the REUSE range is equipped with upstream and downstream sampling ports fitted with flammable valves. Bacterial analysis should be done within 4 hours of sampling, on an average 24-hour sample kept in a cool place. The tests must be accompanied by a UV transmittance measurement at 254 nm as well as a TSS measurement.
REUSE manholes are delivered ready to be connected. They can be processed in 3 ways:
- Completely buried (min. 100 mm overhang – max. -190 mm hydraudic wire)
- Partially buried (working height 1,10 m – hydraudic wire +860 mm)
- Unburied (hydraudic wire +1280 mm)
Simply connect the hydraulic inlet and outlet to the flange collars, and connect the electrical cabinet to the mains (220V, 50/60 Hz)
UV lamp maintenance
The lamps are to be removed from the top of the reactor. Before any intervention, remember that :
- UV lamps must be recycled according to the regulations of your country. Do not throw them in the regular or industrial waste, as they contain mercury particles.
- When replacing a UV lamp, do not put your fingers on the glass. Cleaning the lamps with alcohol will remove any traces.
- The light generated by a UV lamp must be carefully protected from direct or indirect view.
When replacing the UVC lamp, be careful not to put your fingers on the glass. Cleaning the lamps with alcohol will remove any finger marks.
When should replacement of wearing parts be considered?
It is recommended to change the UV lamps after 13,000 hours of operation, to maintain the guarantee of a sufficient level of irradiation. This replacement can be done at the same time as the Quartz UV sleeves (if they are damaged). When the sleeves are properly maintained, experience shows that a replacement every two lamps is sufficient (here every 26000 hours / 3 years for example)
How to recycle UV lamps?
That’s easy! Put the old UV lamp in the new lamp package and, for those using original Bio UV reactors, write “recycling” and then ship your used lamps to an approved recycling facility.