Get Superior Biofiltration
The self-automated backwash process requires no moving parts or electronics.
Our Filter + Biofilter technology is capable of handling ammonia loads 50% – 100% higher than standard bead filters at a fraction of the water loss and head loss.
The innovative backwash process prevents caking and clogging – keeping your day-to-day operations moving along smoothly. The backwash is gentle, keeping the biofilm intact while allowing the system to operate for long periods of time with no maintenance.
AquaPonics (AP) Benefits:
- Automatic backwashing – these filters clean themselves
- Compacity and ease to use
- Optional Airlift offers additional energy savings
- Filter + biofilter in the same unit
- The biofilm remains protected from frequent backwash cycles
- Simple design has no moving parts to break
- Water loss is reduced – only concentrated sludge is removed
Complete skid system: filter + biofilter + UV
Prefabricated for Quick and Easy Installation
With our skids, you can be sure to get a professionally assembled system. The skids are delivered with all the basic functions for filtration, plus optional UV sterilization. The whole unit has automatic backwashing, using a simple to operate pneumatic backwash mechanism designed to save you time.
- Mounted on a skid for indoor or outdoor use
- Optional UV sterilization available
- Optional additional online sensors (T°C, pH, O2, redox, conductivity, etc.) connected to the control cabinet
- Alarm system by Wifi or SMS optional
- Low power consumption
- Possibility of adapting the skid for seawater
- Variable speed centrifugal pumps with a dry-running protection function
- Strainer basket upstream of the pump to collect coarse particles
- Optional solenoid valve for sludge removal
- Optional sludge pump
- PVC plumbing
- Unions at strategic locations for easy maintenance
Simply connect a line leading from your pond or tank to the pump suction, and a line leading from the filter outlet back to the pond or tank!
Ultimate Bioclarifier Filter: No backwash water loss with Automatic Backwash
Live Seafood Holding ‘PLUG AND PLAY’ system for Saltwater: AP 22
Filter + Biofilter for Aquaponics / Aquaculture applications
Our filter technology employs a static bed of beads to capture suspended solids and provide the substrate for development of a biofilm to remove targeted dissolved pollutants (organics, ammonia). After some time, the accumulation of solids in the bed begins to reduce t the flow passed through the unit. Each application has an optimum interval for backwashing. In some cases, an extended backwash interval produces optimum performance and in others, and extremely short backwash interval is best. In broad terms, short backwash intervals (<6 hours) are associated with heavy loads. Best performance for lightly loaded applications is usually associated with extended backwash intervals (>12 hours).
Lightly loaded applications with a focus on water clarity (reduced turbidity) are generally associated with extended backwash intervals, perhaps, twice a week. In lightly loaded application seeking high water clarity, start with a backwash interval of once a day. Increase the backwash frequency (turn up the air) if the flow through the filter declines significantly as this is a sign that solids are not being backwashed enough for your application. In recirculating applications, the backwash tuning success is reflected in the TAN and Nitrite concentration. It is not uncommon to see the TAN concentration reduced by 50% with a small change in backwash frequency.
Let’s Get Started Today
From a simple filter to a complete custom system, our engineers can help you find the perfect filtration system for your needs. Get in touch today!