UV water treatment offers an effective, natural disinfection solution. It produces healthy, pure, non-chemical water. This technique is used for thermal waters, thalasso (seawater) and balneotherapy (freshwater).
UV disinfection system applied to thermalism, thalasso, balneotherapy
To guarantee optimum water disinfection, the principle of the UV treatment system is based on :
- A UV-C disinfection device, installed on the filtration circuit, through which the water circulates. Subjected to the UV-C lamp, bacteria, viruses and algae are eliminated, and no harmful by-products are produced.
- A dosing pump also installed on the pool’s water treatment circuit.
- Automatic pH regulation , to be added as an option, depending on pool volume or water temperature.
If you’re looking for an effective disinfection system for your spa, our complete range of saltwater UV reactors can be consulted online, and design can be carried out on this page.
Disinfection system benefits
In addition to producing healthy water, free from any risk of contamination by micro-organisms, UV water treatment is also part of an environmental approach:
- Regarding health, water treatment without the addition of harmful pool products guarantees allergy- and respiratory ailment-free swimming (non-chemical).
- It also provides comfort by ensuring crystal-clear, odor-free water.
- The absence of chlorine guarantees an environmentally-friendly and healthy process.
- UV treatment offers real savings thanks to longer plant life and simple, reliable, long-lasting equipment.
- Last but not least, installation and maintenance are quick and easy.
Design advice: UV disinfection for pools and spas
- Select ““.
- Select the water source to be processed, e.g. “Thermalism, thalasso, balneotherapy”.
- Enter the flow rate to be treated (for example 25 m3/h)
- Adjust the cost of electricity in your country (for example 0.09€ for France; 0.23€ for Germany)
- Keep 30 mJ / cm² (or adapt)
- Specify the temperature of the water (normally, between 5 and 40°c is sufficient)
- Please enter your email address, we will send you the design right away
In any case, to ensure optimal disinfection and to determine whether prefilters are necessary, it is recommended that a source water analysis be performed with these parameters:
- Suspended solids (TSS)
- UV Transmittance