Types of aquaculture
- extensive or intensive
- in a natural environment or in a pond
- in fresh or salt water
- in circulation or recirculation systems
At the outlet of the fish tank, the water first flows to a mechanical filterallowing the elimination of the contained organic waste. The finest particles and dissolved compounds such as phosphate then pass through the mechanical filter.
This is why the water goes to a biological filter, to decompose organic matter and ammonia. All this, before being aerated and cleaned of carbon dioxide and returned to the aquariums.
This is the biological process carried out by bacteria in the bio filter.
- FISH FARMING PONDS: In the water, fish feed and produce excrement, rich in ammonia.
- MECHANICAL FILTRATION: The particulate and dissolved waste contained in the water of the rearing tanks is eliminated through a drum filter.
- WATER FLOW POND: The water flows to a first intermediate storage pond, the water flow pond.
- UV DISINFECTION: An ultraviolet treatment destroys the bacteria and viruses contained in the water coming from the breeding ponds.
- BIOLOGICAL FILTRATION: A biological filter supports specific bacteria that convert ammonia into non-toxic nitrate.
Recirculating aquaculture (RAS)
- The waste products produced; solid waste, ammonium and CO2, are either removed or converted to non-toxic products by the system components.
- The purified water is then saturated with oxygen and returned to the aquariums.
- By recirculating crop water, water and energy requirements are kept to a minimum. However, it is not possible to design a completely closed recirculation system.
- Non-degradable waste should be removed and evaporated water replaced.
- Fully controlled environment for fish
- Low water consumption
- Efficient energy use
- Efficient land use
- Optimum feeding strategy
- Easy grading and harvesting of fish
- Total control of disease
- Recirculating aquaculture systems constraints
1H2O3 aquaculture supplies
- STORAGE BOX (TAMPON PONDS): Intermediate water storage box
- THE MOTOR BOX : Obligatory box for the functioning of the aquaponicssystem. It has an aerator and a UV disinfection and a feed pump for the installation
- MBBR BOX :Biological denitrification filter (biofilter)
- BOX MBBR : Biological nitrification filter (biofilter)
- STORAGE BOX (BUFFER POND)
- FISH TANK with a nitrogen gas degassing system
- DRUM FILTER BOX: Filter technology box for water purification
- COLLECTION/SETTLING BOX (SLUDGE STORAGE AND SEPARATION): It collects the treated water for feeding the ponds. It is also used for settling and storing sludge.